(...YOUR KEYPAD, THAT IS.)
Sure, this multi-button keypad can control a virtually unlimited number of lighting devices, but if you are using your keypad for only the lights, you’re missing out on a slew of possibilities! Any button can be programmed to control any aspect of your automated home. Take a look at these 9 ideas that will get your creative juices flowing!
1. START THE MUSIC! Why pull out your phone and open an app when a keypad can start your favorite playlist in any room? Even better, a quick double-tap on the same button can start the music playing all over your house!
2. CHOOSE DIFFERENT PLAYLISTS Different moods call for different music. With some creative programming, you can switch between playlists with a colored light indicating what you’ve selected.
3. KEEP YOUR MEDIA LIBRARY FRESH After adding new music or movies to your media library, the system needs to perform a scan to recognize this new content before it is available. Why not have a “Scan Media” button execute a library scan so you can watch that latest episode of Westworld immediately?
4. GARAGE DOOR STATUS CHECK Never again leave bed to check if you’ve closed the garage. A light on your keypad can illuminate green when the garage is closed and red when it’s ajar. At a glance, you’ll know the door’s status—and you can even close it with a simple button tap.
5. ENGAGE VACATION MODE There’s a lot to remember when leaving for vacation, so let your “Vacation” button do the work. It can set the temperature appropriately, arm the alarm, and turn off all of the lights as you walk out the door. When you return home, double-tap the same button to return the home to normal operation.
6. CHANGE VOLUME AND CHANNEL Rotary volume controls are so 20th century, but a keypad is sleek and modern and can easily adjust your audio system’s volume. Or, it can just as easily be used to change the channels on the tube!
7. ADJUST THE TEMP Fussing with a thermostat can be tricky—especially if it is remotely located. Label a couple of buttons on a keypad “Too Hot” and “Too Cold” and guests and family can easily adjust the temperature to the perfect setting!
8. START A TIMER There are many times when a timer comes in handy, and whether you’re cooking or putting someone in “time out,” a keypad button can start a timer while you stay with the task at hand. Easily set pre-determined timers of, say, 1, 5, or 10 minutes based on button presses with changing LED lights indicating the length.
9. GOODNIGHT, HOUSE. No longer be forced to roam your house at night turning things off like some character out of a Greek tragedy. With a single button press, you can instantly turn off all the lights, lock all the doors, shut off all TVs and music, set the alarm, lower window shades, adjust the HVAC, and start rain sounds playing in your bedroom. That’s one powerful button, Hercules!
PSSSSST! Did you know you can program many of these yourself using Control4’s WHEN >> THEN homeowner personalization tool? Enjoy the ability to directly create your own smart home reaction—all without a dealer’s help!*
Experience the magic and Contact Us.
SIMPLY CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO LEAVE YOUR INFO AND A SMART HOME CONSULTANT WILL CONTACT YOU BACK IN 24 HOURS.